Free School Meals
Free School Meals at secondary school are available to those families in receipt of certain benefits who make an application to the school.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
How to Apply
To apply, please download and print the form below, or pick up a paper copy at the school office. Once the form is complete, please return it to Reception or have your child bring it to Mrs Read in Student Reception.
You only need to fill out this form once unless your circumstances change. Your eligibility will reviewed at least every six months by the school.
Please supply your child with a packed lunch or top up their ParentPay account until we let you know if your application has been approved.
Free School Meals in Secondary gives your child up to £2.60 to spend in the canteen as well as a free blazer, tie, and skirt or trousers upon starting at the school.
How we confirm entitlement
The information in this form is checked against records held by Oxfordshire County Council.
If we cannot confirm your entitlement through this process we will ask you to provide up-to-date evidence of the benefit you receive, normally the official documentation of the benefit.